Ladakh is a beautiful place which is located in north India in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. The place is known for its beautiful valleys and Great Mountain. Many tourists from worldwide come to visit this incredible place, to enjoy the unimaginable beauty. Ladakh is known as little Tibet because of the greater influence of the Tibetan traditions. Most of the people speak this language. The place is famous for its remarkable landscape and for its rich culture. One should definitely enjoy Hemis Festival in Ladhak. The great aspects of this festival are-
– Hemis festival is a fare that last for 2 days and generally happens on June 26 to June 27 every year. Every year the number of audience increases and this festival has now become a global festival attended by people from worldwide. Special arrangement is made by the government during this festival so that huge number of people can come and visit this place and relish the festival.
Complete list of Monastery in Ladakh
– The Hemis Festival is celebrated as a symbol of victory of good over the evil. The festival demonstrates that no matter what we do in life, evil can never come victorious. This festival is a very vital part of the Ladakh diversity and culture. It is celebrated by the Buddhist community and it is watched by people of all religion and culture.
– The main cause behind the celebration of this festival is the birth anniversary of Buddhist guru Padmasambhava. This two day festival is celebrated at the famous place known as the Hemis Monastery. It is located 45 km away from Leh and is also a very iconic place.
– During this event people from different parts of the world and also from different culture & religion dress themselves in different types of colorful & bright dresses. People believe that when the Buddhist guru Padmasambhava was fighting with the evil he was wearing a very bright & colorful dress.
Read Complete Travel Guide Ladakh
– People wear diverse kind of masks during the festival and sing , dance in Griou to demonstrate unity and strength. The dance performed by Lamas is one the best attraction of this festival.
Hemis festival is a must for any individual who is planning to visit Ladakh in the month of June. This festival is only celebrated during that time of the year. There are many things that you can enjoy in Ladakh but this one is worth seeing. Some other things that are matchless in this festival are:
– There is an exceptional exhibition of pearls and very precious stones every 12 year of the Tibetan calendar. The last time when this exhibition took place was in the year 2004.
– There is a broad variety of local cuisine being made during the festival which is just icing on the cake